WE INVITE YOU TO EXPLORE LIVE OAK ACADEMY
Thank you for your interest in our Academy! If you are currently homeschooling or have a desire to homeschool your children with an excellent Christian and classical education, we welcome you to explore Live Oak Academy. We are here to help you!
Some of our trademarks:
- A Christian and classical education – Please refer to our Home Page, our Philosophy and Confession of Faith, and attend an Information Night to expand your knowledge of this outstanding education.
- Community of like-minded and loving families – Our families build upon their common bond through activities such as park days for younger children. See our Student Life page for older students. Our community of families defines the word “camaraderie.”
- A multi-cultural, interdenominational Christian campus – We strive to model Christian unity, where every individual experiences “one campus under God.”
- Truth, goodness, and beauty – Our courses focus on what is true, good, and beautiful, whether in our four choirs, where students sing classical music from many genres, or Western Civ, where students read and discuss the Great Books of Western civilization under the guidance of biblical teaching, or science, where students of all ages learn to explore God’s creation through the scientific method of inquiry.
- Small class sizes – Low student-to-teacher ratios benefit learning and class discussion.
- Dedicated and caring teachers – Our staff of fifty teachers love the chosen subjects they teach, and students profit from the depth of knowledge and enthusiasm their teachers bring into the classroom.
- Motivated and enthusiastic students – Our students benefit from high academic standards, a warm and supportive teaching environment, and a positive peer group.
- Excellent curriculum – Careful research and selection of curriculum, combined with in-house development of resources, has enabled us to offer excellent learning tools to students from kindergarten through twelfth grade. From the beginning, our curriculum lays a strong foundation for future success, notably Spell to Write and Read and Singapore Math, programs that suit the young classical student, grades K-6th. (See Spelling and Math levels on School of Grammar page.)
- College preparatory classes – Our School of Rhetoric classes are rigorous, yet nurturing. In addition to these regular high school courses, twelve AP® courses are offered which prepare our students well for the AP exam, as shown by students’ consistently high scores. Our students have an excellent track record for acceptance into highly-ranked colleges and universities. See Alumni page.
- Latin – An inflected language, Latin brings new life to students’ vocabulary, grammar, thinking skills, and more. Read our Why Learn Latin page.
- Enrichment opportunities – Our students have a plethora of opportunities to develop their interests and academic skills outside of their regular classes. Performances include Choir Concerts and Night at the Academy, in which every student – individually and with grade level peers – has a part in presenting a poem, song, skit, or dramatization representing classroom learning. Competitions include Poetry Out Loud and the Annual Science Fair presented for judging – just a beginning for scientists in the making. That same evening, our Fine Arts Exhibition displays hundreds of mixed media art created by our Live Oak students.
- Emphasis on public speaking – Effective oral communication is a skill that empowers students throughout college, career and life; thus, it is intentionally practiced within our classrooms at every grade level. In addition, we offer a public speaking class and strongly support our students in participating in the Christian homeschool speech and debate leagues.
And much more!